Wiki Cheese!
Posted: 20 November 2006 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  410
Joined  2004-07-16

I am experimenting with creating a Wiki site for home cheese making.

You can visit the site here: http://www.rickandlynne.com/rick/go/wiki

There is not much there yet, just a single recipe for Cheddar and the start on a few techniques, ingredients and stuff.

If you know how a Wiki works, then dive right in. If you are registered with the site, you can contribute. Please do!

If you don’t know what a Wiki is, well, here is a very short introduction.  A Wiki is a web site that a community of people contribute to. Members of the Wiki can edit any page on the Wiki (just click “edit” on any page). You can add your own knowledge, correct facts that someone might have gotten wrong. Most important, people might create a link to a page or topic that has no content. If you have knowledge of that topic, please add content to the page.

Google “wiki” if you want lots more info. The site I’ve launched does not provide a lot of editing/formatting capabilities, but should be enough to get you started.

Let me know what you think of this idea.

It does NOT replace these forums which are for discussion. The Wiki should be used to document definitive information such as links to resources, recipes, descriptions of techniques, troubleshooting tips, etc. Sometimes a discussion here could end up with a post to the Wiki that summarizes and concludes the discussion.

Well, let’s give it a try and see what happens… I’ll add some Wiki pages soon. I just did a Stirred Curd Cheddar using the recipe that I’ve posted and it sure looks good!

Signature 

Rick Robinson

Posted: 20 November 2006 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16

Once you get to the page, click on “Wiki Help” for help on how to post your own information.

Signature 

Rick Robinson

Posted: 28 January 2007 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16

I’ve made this wiki site more easily accessible from my home page. Hope you have a chance to visit and contribute.

Signature 

Rick Robinson

Posted: 28 January 2007 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2415
Joined  2007-01-15

Sounds great, hoepfully we get more traffic.

Signature 

The Cheese Hole