Nice smile

Signature 

The Cheese Hole

Posted: 14 February 2015 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1450
Joined  2008-05-14

How many people are in your class?  Do the same people keep coming, or do you have newbies?  It seems to me that the “community” aspect of the class would be the best part.  Making cheese when you’re the only one around gets to be a bit tedious sometimes.  It would be nice to have others sharing the activity.

Signature 

Rich

Posted: 02 March 2015 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1450
Joined  2008-05-14

I cut into the Jack yesterday.  It was far better than any I had tried before, but just a wee bit too dry.  Next time I’ll use the updated recipe and see how it turns out.

Signature 

Rich

Posted: 04 March 2015 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  360
Joined  2011-02-16

I usually have 6 people sign up for class but only 5 of them show up, so I make the other pot of cheese. I have 6 roasters that I use for vats, and 6 molds and 6 presses. I have a few who keep coming back because it’s a fun thing to do. We laugh and joke all day, so it’s a nice social activity. Most only come to one class, but I’ve had about 4 come to 2 classes and I have one who has been to 4 classes. I told him he should just join the cheese club. We meet at somebody’s house and make cheese and drink beer and wine all day and sample cheese. You only have to pay for your ingredients that way.

I’m surprised that the Jack was dry, since you made it as a washed curd. My cheese that I made from that Just Jack recipe spoiled so I never tasted it. I hope that the Caldwell recipe is good, as I have about 18 2 lb cheeses in my cave aging now…

Signature 

Herbs, Sausage, Beer and Cheese
Tammy

< 1 2
2 of 2

‹‹ Working on a Muenster      Flocculation ››