< 1 2
2 of 2
Frozen Milk
Posted: 17 November 2015 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
New Visitor
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2015-11-06

I have several vacuum sealed, my only problem is I think I have worn out my sealer and it does not get as much air out.  So far those cheese are still looking good, at least I can see through it for inspection, so maybe I will do this one also.

Posted: 17 November 2015 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1450
Joined  2008-05-14

As long as the vacuum pump is working on your sealer, the only possible explanation for a poor end product would be a vacuum leak.  Check out the rubber seal around the vacuum chamber - it may just need a good cleaning.  Also, be sure you don’t have a fold in the top of your bag.  I have experienced poor vacuum action several times, and it was always due to the top of the bag not being centered in the vacuum chamber.

Signature 

Rich

Posted: 17 November 2015 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
New Visitor
Rank
Joined  2015-11-06

I will check that out.  Does have a vacuum leak, I can see the plastic relax a little as it is sealing, which by the way it will not seal itself anymore, I have to hit the seal button.  Not sure what that is all about, it will just continue to vacuum and all the air is out and it won’t seal, finally it turns itself off.  So I really think I need a new one but I will check all the seals as you recommend first.

Thanks!

Posted: 17 November 2015 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1450
Joined  2008-05-14

It’s not sealing on its own because there is not an adequate vacuum being reached.  If you can find the leak problem, the rest will work properly.

Signature 

Rich

Posted: 17 November 2015 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
New Visitor
Rank
Joined  2015-11-06

going to take it apart and see what I can see..  hope for the best, I really don’t want to have to buy another one.

< 1 2
2 of 2

‹‹ Hard rind      Back in the saddle ››