Beginner maker- strange question.
Posted: 04 March 2013 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]
New Visitor
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-03-04

Is it possible?
I have made mozzarella twice, first time not so good and the second time, okay. I then made ricotta from the whey. In both of the second instances, second mozzarella and it’s partner whey ricotta, the cheese seem to have one texture (a good texture) when eaten plain but when combined with food, changed. I combined the moz with….tomatoes, and a quick vinaigrette and instead of being stringy which it was 15 min. earlier turned well, into a solid mass that broke down when the fork went into it.  Then, the ricotta, which tasted more like goat cheese was combined with roasted peppers and oil ( on top) and it seemed to get grainy. The ricotta was perfectly smooth when I shaped it. Is it possible there is an additional reaction to the acids in these foods?  I was pretty happy with these attempts until I coupled them with veggies, oil and spices.

Posted: 04 March 2013 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2415
Joined  2007-01-15

Maybe the Mozza was not stretched enough. It is possible that the acidity kept on working creating a more crumble texture. Next time maybe drain earlier. You dont have a PH meter? something to invest in if you continue smile

Signature 

The Cheese Hole