Making cheddar triangles.
Posted: 19 February 2007 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Active Contributor
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2007-01-21

I will be making a cheddar this week in an 8 inch mold, I would really like to cut this into quarters and wax them so I can try them at different ages. Has anyone got some advice on how to do this? Should I cut the cheese when it leaves the mold and allow the wedges to dry a little and then wax, or should I dry the whole cheese for a few days then cut and wax?

Cheers
Andrew

Posted: 20 February 2007 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  410
Joined  2004-07-16

I’d cut it, let it dry a couple of days, then wax.

Signature 

Rick Robinson

Posted: 20 February 2007 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2415
Joined  2007-01-15

Lookign forward as to how your cheddar turns out, want to make some myself in the next few weeks so trying to read up as much as possable, since some of the instructions sound intimidating.

Signature 

The Cheese Hole

Posted: 21 February 2007 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Active Contributor
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2007-01-21
Neil - 20 February 2007 02:37 PM

Lookign forward as to how your cheddar turns out, want to make some myself in the next few weeks so trying to read up as much as possable, since some of the instructions sound intimidating.

Ok , I am going to make the cheddar tomorrow, and if I can get the camera working will post a pic or two.
Rick, I hope you don’t mind, but I am going to use your recipe #14 stirred-curd cheddar. Sounds like a winner and your directions are easy to follow.
Wish me luck wink

Cheers
Andrew

Posted: 21 February 2007 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2415
Joined  2007-01-15

Good Luck !!! and no cheesy pictures, make sure u document them properly so your know for next time, in case it does/not work out :D

Signature 

The Cheese Hole