Kicking Off the 2004 Cheesemaking Season
Posted: 27 October 2004 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  410
Joined  2004-07-16

While Lynne and I will likely visit our mountain cabin this weekend, it is quickly approaching the time of year when we can’t get in there because of snow. And, that means it is cheesemaking time!

First, a quick housekeeping note. I’ve modified this forum so that the order of posts is different. It used to be ordered from oldest original post to newest, so the newest content post was always at the bottom.

I’ve changed it so that the post with the most recent comment will always be at the top. So, the posts will not be chronologically ordered anymore, they’ll get all mixed up as people leave comments. However, I think this will work better because the posts with the most recent activity will always be at the top. Let me know what you think the best way to organize the posts is.

Now, here is what I plan to make this year. And I’ll probably add some new recipes beyond these that I think were my best and most successful from last year:

Montasio
Stirred curd Cheddar
Stilton
Blue
Caraway Swiss
American brick
Manchego
Sage Cheddar

Anyone have any other suggestions for me?

Signature 

Rick Robinson

Posted: 08 November 2004 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  410
Joined  2004-07-16

Well, I was going to start with the caraway Swiss, but discovered that I did not have any Proprionic Shermani bacteria…so quickly switched to a stirred curd cheddar. I’ll post the recipe soon, although it is virtually identical to cheese #11—I still like to keep a record for my own purposes. Looks really, really good as of this a.m. (still in the press).

Signature 

Rick Robinson