White mold recipes?
Posted: 01 March 2008 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
Active Contributor
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2008-03-01

I recently got some Pen. Candidum, Ge. Candidum as well as some Flora Danica. I made a batch of camembert but would like to try some other recipes.

Does anyone have other recipe that I can use these molds on?

Glad I finally found a forum for making cheese. I’ve been a homebrewer for years and have been looking for a resource for cheese making similar to beer brewing.

Mark G

Posted: 01 March 2008 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2415
Joined  2007-01-15

Best thing is to make sure u have read all the old posts that rick has posted and other peoples experiments. Or get a hold of Ricky carrols book ( link on my site).
Her site also has recipes, http://www.cheesemaking.com/text-cPath-37_57_107.php

Signature 

The Cheese Hole

Posted: 01 March 2008 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Major Contributor
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2008-01-22

Hi and welcome! I echo that. Get Ricki’s book because she’s got recipe’s for Coloummier, Brie, etc. that use all three and you can use the same ring molds you used for your Camembert . Tim’s Goat Crottin also uses all three if you like goat milk and can fashion some small molds from containers and drill holes.

I just cracked the third wheel of the Camembert that I started Jan 9. It was the second cheese I ever made (I started with Gouda) and of course I agonized over everything, curd size, drying, mold not growing right, when to wrap, etc, etc. It took longer to age than I thought it would, but Nabil told me to be patient so I took his advise.

Let us know how it turns out.