Suggested addition
Posted: 27 May 2008 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1450
Joined  2008-05-14

I’ve enjoyed perusing the older entries on the Forum - a great learning resource.  I’ve noticed that many times when people mention cheeses they’ve made, others ask for the recipe.  I would suggest that our benevolent host, Rick, make an addition to the Forum:  a recipe book.  We could add winners to it as we go, and eventually it would be a tremendous resource.  What say ye?

Signature 

Rich

Posted: 27 May 2008 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Active Contributor
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2008-02-16

This thread may answer your suggestion
http://www.rickandlynne.com/rick/go/forums/viewthread/358/ 

My cheese making is still in its infancy and as many of the ones I have made are still maturing so I can not test the success yet, But when I do I will share the recipe or method of the successful ones.

Posted: 28 May 2008 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  326
Joined  2008-03-21

I’ll share mine as well as time permits.  Summer is very busy though.  Cheese making for me will be reserved for the days that I can’t get outside and do something.  Oh well.

Signature 

Kim   cool smile

Posted: 28 May 2008 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-14

Thanks.  What I had envisioned was a section on the Forum devoted to just recipes.  Then we wouldn’t have to scroll through old pages to come up with recipe ideas, they would all be in one place.

Signature 

Rich

Posted: 28 May 2008 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Active Contributor
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2008-02-16

OK I might be wrong here but I thought Rick wanted us to upload tried and trusted recipies on the wiki site. At the moment if you go to the above link, click catagories (on the left) you will see a tab for recipies, there are onlt four there at the moment but it is there for us to add to, is this sort of what you are suggesting? grin

Posted: 29 May 2008 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-14

Yeah, that’s more like it.  I was unaware it was there, but I now have it bookmarked.  Maybe some others will post some of their fav’s and it will grow.  I think it was just underpublicized.  Thanks for the info.

Signature 

Rich

Posted: 29 May 2008 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Major Contributor
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2008-01-22

forum.sausagemaking.org has a recipe page (forum is not very active) but has some good basic recipes.

Posted: 29 May 2008 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2415
Joined  2007-01-15

Yup they have some good stuff as well, apparently their leader died a year ago and things droped off.

Signature 

The Cheese Hole

Posted: 29 May 2008 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Major Contributor
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2008-01-22

Yes, that is so unfortunate. He sounded like really cool guy. I still go to that forum every now and then to cross-reference.

Posted: 29 May 2008 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  410
Joined  2004-07-16

I can do whatever you want. I agree that having all the recipes in one place would be more convenient than spreading them out in this forum. When I started this forum, I used it to document my recipes and keep notes to myself about each recipe over time. But with 50 or 60 people participating now, that would become cumbersome.

I can create a new forum, but my preference is to use the wiki site. It is only “slightly” more complicated than using this forum and in the original post, I’ve left abbreviated instructions on how to get started. Or go to the wiki home page and click on “Wiki Help”.

If that doesn’t work for you guys, let me know and we’ll do something else.

Rick

Signature 

Rick Robinson

Posted: 29 May 2008 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2415
Joined  2007-01-15

Maybe place it so its easier to find. A tab or something.

Signature 

The Cheese Hole

Posted: 30 May 2008 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power User
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  326
Joined  2008-03-21

Rick, glad to see you out and about at the site.  Miss reading your cheese adventures.  You gotta get back into it sometime.

Signature 

Kim   cool smile

‹‹ The physics of cheese pressing      Moving on ››