Thanks for the advice - Made my first cheese… Finally
Posted: 16 January 2008 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]
New Visitor
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2007-01-24

I’ve been wanting to make cheese for over a year. Concerns about temperature requirements and pressure requirements for the recipes I wanted to try kept me wringing my hands all this time, and thus into inaction. Finally, though, I decided to try Fromage Blanc as it seemed by far the most forgiving, being the only recipe I saw that specified room temperature as being OK and didn’t require any pressure.

I’m happy to say it was a success, even thought I heated the milk too fast, and it topped out at 92 F when it called only for 86 F. I feel like the inertia has been broken and that I’ll definitly try this again.

Meantime, though, I wanted to thank everyone that responded to the inquiries that I’ve made here and there over the past year.

Regards,

Slim

Posted: 16 January 2008 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Active Contributor
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2007-09-29

I’ve had a few pots of milk runaway on me temp wise.  One actually burned and had to be tossed.

But it just takes one success to hook ya…I just wish I had the time to do some more :(

Signature 

Gemstone

Posted: 17 January 2008 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Indispensable
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2415
Joined  2007-01-15

Congrats !! hope u can post pics some time wink Practice makes perfect (or close to it)

Signature 

The Cheese Hole